Tag: humming bird feeder
The holiday on July 4th helped us to plan the trip to Jackson Hole (Grand Teton Nation Park) and Yellowstone National Park .Our GPS suggested us a different route to Jackson hole through Logan and Bear lake , but was worth for a reason . At one of the bear lake view point , the tourism authorities had hung a feeder for the humming birds and I got a perfect opportunity to shoot some high speed humming bird shots . For readers who wants to now more about humming birds , please check the Wiki here .
I did a little bit of research to find what’s the hummingbird recipe for the food kept at the hummingbird feeder . Here is a short detail on that :
- Use one part ordinary white cane sugar to four parts water.
- It’s not necessary to boil the water. The microorganisms that cause fermentation don’t come from the water; they are transported to the feeder on hummingbird bills.
- Store unused syrup in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
This mixture approximates the average sucrose content (about 21%) of the flowers favored by North American hummingbirds, without being so sweet it attracts too many insects.
Please feel free to click on the images to see the images in bigger size or use it as a wallpaper . Please use the above placed LIKE button if you like the pictures.
Don’t forget to check the tips on camera settings to click similar pictures at the bottom of the post.
Camera Settings Tips
To shoot quick shots when the humming birds are flying , increase the shutter speed and take the picture . As it was daytime, I set the camera mode to A/V mode , select f2.8 (select the lowest in your lens ) and the camera sets the shutter speed for you .For day time , we can be sure that the camera will select the best fastest shutter speed for you (More than 1 /2500 th of a second ). If you are shoot at a low light situation (or with a flash at night ), I would suggest to keep the mode to Manual mode and select a high speed shutter speed .
Possibly Related Posts:
- Owl pictures found Phoenix Arizona pics
- Lions sleeping Pictures – Photo of the week
- American robin bird pictures at yellowstone park
- indian monkey pictures photos thekkady
- black buck antelope deer pictures